welcome to my blog

Welcome to my Blog

FUNNY, SOMETIMES DISGUSTING, BUT MOSTLY COMPLETE BOLLOCKS.

ADMISSION
The content written here IS the opinion of the writer, and IS based on real people and real events.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
A big thank you to the internet for allowing any old twat to have a website.

Saturday, May 23, 2020

What dog should I get?

If you've ever looked at your dog and thought, wow, your life is great, what I would give for my life to be that easy. Well, I believe we can learn from dogs, and I'm writing a blog, with my dog Daisy, to teach people how to make life that easy.

Actually I started this blog to sell my e-books Jackpot and The Band, but that has now turned into a side gig.

Post for post Daisy and I are tackling life's challenges and world problems.

This is Discussions With My Dog.


I sometimes wonder how I ended up getting a dog like Daisy.
If you are considering acquiring a dog but not sure which breed is right for you, I have devised a simple multiple-choice test to help.


 My perfect match test


Score yourself; 1 point for answer (a), 2 points for answer (b), 3 for (c) and 4 for (d).


1/ How important do you consider recall? 
(If you don’t know what recall means, please refer to my previous post …  "about Daisy"

(a) Very important, my dog should come when called.

(b) My dog should come if I raise my voice.

(c) My dog will come if bribed with a treat.

(d) Purely optional, my dog will come when it’s ready.


2/ If the doorbell rings during dinner, would you...

(a) Go directly to the door?

(b) First put your plate in a high place away from the dog’s temptation?

(c) First lock your dinner in a cupboard?

(d) Ignore the doorbell knowing if you return after 5 minutes the dinner will be history?


3/ During dinner time, would your dog be...

(a) In a kennel?

(b) Lying under the table minding its own business?

(c) Beside your chair patiently waiting for a treat?

(d) Sitting eye-level with the table and may resort to drooling if not fed?


4/ If your dog slipped the lead, and you have to pursue it, are you…

(a) Hopelessly unfit, couldn’t jog more than 50 yards if your life depended on it?

(b) Quite fit, can run 1 mile?

(c) Usain Bolt?

(d) Know when you’re beaten and wait for the dog to return in its own sweet time?


5/ Is your garden

(a) Non-existent, you live in a flat?

(b) A townhouse courtyard?

(c) Neatly trimmed lawns and flower beds?

(d) Needs work but has several trees that are home to squirrels?


6/ How should your dog smell?

(a) Pleasantly perfumed.

(b) Just a whiff of doggyness.

(c) Like a wet sock that has been at the bottom of the washing basket for a week.

(d) Jasmine and dead sea salt because he/she rolled in something unmentionable when you were out for a walk and you’ve just given him/her another bath.


7/ What sort of dog person are you?

(a) You would buy fashion accessories for your little darling

(b) An average dog owner

(c) A gamekeeper or country type

(d) Like the honest chaps in this video clip?


Now tally up your score and find your compatible pet


Less than 9 points          – let’s face it, you don’t understand dogs, get a cat or a goldfish.

From 10 to 16 points      – a poodle, chihuahua or possibly a fat terrier.

From 17 to 24 points      – proper dog owners - Spaniels, Labradors, Alsatians.

25 points +                      – congratulations you are brave/daft/mad enough 
                                            to get a Lurcher.


Alastair and Daisy

1 comment: