welcome to my blog

Welcome to my Blog

FUNNY, SOMETIMES DISGUSTING, BUT MOSTLY COMPLETE BOLLOCKS.

ADMISSION
The content written here IS the opinion of the writer, and IS based on real people and real events.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
A big thank you to the internet for allowing any old twat to have a website.

Friday, March 6, 2020

Service dog fail test

If you've ever looked at your dog and thought, wow, your life is great, what I would give for my life to be that easy. Well, I believe we can learn from dogs, and I'm writing a blog, with my dog Daisy, to teach people how to make life that easy.

Actually I started this blog to sell my e-books Jackpot and The Band, but that has now turned into a side gig.

Post for post Daisy and I are tackling life's challenges and world problems.

This is Discussions With My Dog.

service dog
As dogs go Daisy is quite clever. She’s not an Einstein dog and she can’t be bothered to learn party tricks like roll over and lay down, but she does learn things that benefit Daisy. For example, she can open just about any door in the house that has a lever handle by trapping it between her paws. Unfortunately, we haven’t managed to teach Daisy how to close doors.

That got me wondering whether Daisy could have been trained to be a working dog, maybe a gun dog, a sniffer dog or even a guide dog?





A day in the life of Daisy the guide dog would go something like this. (Daisy’s owner is a blind man called Mr Smith).



Mr Smith -            “We need to go to the chemists this morning to pick up my prescription.”


… a short walk later.


Mr Smith -            “Good morning, I’ve come to pick up my medicines”.

Shop attendant -  “I’m sorry, we don’t sell medicine”.

Mr Smith -            “Where am I”?

Shop attendant -  “In the bakery”

Mr Smith -            “Very sorry, my guide dog must have got confused. Since I’m here can I get a Danish pastry and a sausage roll for Daisy”.



… half an hour of walking later.


Mr Smith -             “I can hear swings and kids playing. We’re in the park. You’re taking me to the other chemist, aren’t you? the one on the other side of the town. You silly dog”

Daisy thinks -        “You didn’t say which one.”

Mr Smith -            “I’ll let you off the lead for a quick run, but we’ll have to go back to the other chemist because they have my prescription”.



… half an hour later, after Daisy has rounded up the squirrels and sent them back up the trees.


Mr Smith -            “Good morning, I’ve come to pick up my medicines”.

Shop attendant -  “Hello again”.
Mr Smith -            “I’m back in the bakery, aren’t I?”




On reflection Daisy probably wouldn’t make a very good guide dog.



Alastair and Daisy




No comments:

Post a Comment